[TxMt] "All" Command

Eric Meyers etm at ericmeyers.com
Wed Aug 19 00:32:30 UTC 2009

Some of you may remember back in the mainframe days XEdit. One cool
feature of XEdit was you could type all <pattern> and only those lines
matching the pattern would be displayed. You could edit within this
view.

It seems like something similar could be done in TextMate by using
folds. I've tried to do it with a macro using find and bookmarks, but
I don' seem to have enough control to select text between matches so I
can send the Fold Selection.

I'm aware of Text->Filtering->Copy Matching Lines, but this creates a
new window and any edits in that window aren't felt back in the
original.

Anybody have an idea on how to do something like this?

Eric