[TxMt] Re: Pycheckmate.py throws IndexError in Python bundle

Wed Aug 19 13:43:28 UTC 2009

On 18 Aug 2009, at 21:46, J W-d wrote:

> [...] Line 26 reads:
>     __version__ = "$Revision$"
>>
> When it should read:
>     __version__ = "$Revision 11734 $"

The revision is put into that line by svn if you cat/export/checkout
the file.

I see however that the git mirror does not have this revision, so I am
assuming you updated the bundle from git (maybe via GetBundles).
We’ll need to address that (I didn’t know about it until now).

> [...]
> Though I must say... What's the use of the revision, exactly??  It
> seems
> that it has only served to break the script and not much else. :)

The idea with the revision is that when a user reports that “I used
⌃⇧V and it gives me this error” we can ask the user what revision
of the script he has, so we can see if it has since been fixed :)