[TxMt] Spinning Ball of Terror when auto-completing references

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:43:49 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For a long time I'm using the auto-completion of the LaTeX-bundle. I
> have a bib-file with 290 entries and I want to use the auto-completion
> of the bundle, soon after pressing escape for auto-completion there
> are 3 ruby-processes in activity monitor to be seen that take up
> altogether 180% of the processor (dual core ;) ) and no
> auto-completion happens.
> What can I do to track down and solve the problem?

I managed to locate Niels' problem.  Niels look at line 2661, which
looks like:

@article{Hein:1994fk,
	Annote = {Alternative Quellenangabe (urspr{\"u}ngliche),
	@inproceedings{Hein:1998},
	Address = {New York and London},
     Author = {Hein, Laura E.},

The Annote field opens up, and its end is not quite clear as it
essentially contains a whole other entry. In particular it is that @
in inproceedings that throws the system off. Not sure what the best
way to deal with it it however. Niels, for now if you just remove
that @ from @inproceedings there, that should do it.

Why is all that stuff in the Annote field? Was that on purpose, or a
mistake?

> Niels

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College