[TxMt] Spinning Ball of Terror when auto-completing references

Niels Kobschaetzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:01:44 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
>
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > For a long time I'm using the auto-completion of the LaTeX-bundle. I
>  > have a bib-file with 290 entries and I want to use the auto-completion
>  > of the bundle, soon after pressing escape for auto-completion there
>  > are 3 ruby-processes in activity monitor to be seen that take up
>  > altogether 180% of the processor (dual core ;) ) and no
>  > auto-completion happens.
>  > What can I do to track down and solve the problem?
>  >
>  I managed to locate Niels' problem.  Niels look at line 2661, which
>  looks like:
>
>  @article{Hein:1994fk,
>         Annote = {Alternative Quellenangabe (urspr{\"u}ngliche),
>         @inproceedings{Hein:1998},
>         Address = {New York and London},
>      Author = {Hein, Laura E.},
>

>  The Annote field opens up, and its end is not quite clear as it
>  essentially contains a whole other entry. In particular it is that @
>  in inproceedings that throws the system off. Not sure what the best
>  way to deal with it it however. Niels, for now if you just remove
>  that @ from @inproceedings there, that should do it.

Ok - good to now :)
Thx for that

>  Why is all that stuff in the Annote field? Was that on purpose, or a
>  mistake?

I don't know anymore why I have this original reference in there. The
rest is on purpose because it's quotes from the paper I needed once
for a paper I had to turn in (where else should I put notes on
something if not in the annotation-field of manager for my
bibliographies?)

Thanks a lot again for your help :)

Niels