[TxMt] Re: Spinning Ball of Terror when auto-completing references

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:50:20 UTC 2008

Hi Niels,

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:30 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki
> <n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>  For a long time I'm using the auto-completion of the LaTeX-bundle. I
>>  have a bib-file with 290 entries and I want to use the auto-
>> completion
>>  of the bundle, soon after pressing escape for auto-completion there
>>  are 3 ruby-processes in activity monitor to be seen that take up
>>  altogether 180% of the processor (dual core ;) ) and no
>>  auto-completion happens.
>>  What can I do to track down and solve the problem?
>
> Just noticed something different:
> Using auto-completion once opens one ruby-process that takes up 100%,
> killing Textmate and using autocompletion after re-opening opens a
> second one with 100% and so on…
>
> I'm using TM 1.5.7 (1455) with an actual svn-checkout on Mac OS 10.5.2

The first thing to do is open your bib file from BibDesk, and save it
from within BibDesk. BibDesk is using a certain fixed format for
entries, and our bundle sort of relies on seeing that format (easier
parsing).

Next thing to check is the presence of email addresses. You will want
to remove the @ signs from them, they confuse the parser.

If that doesn't fix it, and you can send me your bib-file, then
please do so and I can have a look at the offending items.

And of course make sure you are running the newest version of the
bundle.

> Niels

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College