[TxMt] Go Murl Yourself

Jon Evans jon.evans at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 09:30:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

On 11 Mar 2007, at 21:46, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> No, that url you posted is exactly why I said "in most cases".
> That just won't fly when I send it to a client who's email program
> puts hard breaks in at 80 characters and they have no idea how to
> paste a url back together in a browser.
> On Mar 11, 2007, at 4:37 PM, xolela at mac.com wrote:
>

>> [1]  http://docstore.ingenta.com/cgi-bin/ds_deliver/1/u/d/ISIS/
>> 36029671.1/cabi/pns/2000/00000059/00000001/
>> art00018/39ECAA2F26C5A0E511736294004DBC666BB0601AA9.html?
>> link=http://www.ingentaconnect.com/error/delivery&format=html

I read somewhere that mail clients (which I understood to mean
"Microsoft mail clients") will work OK if you surround the URL with
angle brackets. Therefore, here's a test, perhaps if the link isn't
clickable to anyone reading this they could report back to the list
with details of what mailer they're using?

In case it gets mangled by my mail client when I send it, I should
probably indicate that too - I'm using Mail.app from Mac OS X 10.4.8.

<http://docstore.ingenta.com/cgi-bin/ds_deliver/1/u/d/ISIS/36029671.1/
cabi/pns/2000/00000059/00000001/
art00018/39ECAA2F26C5A0E511736294004DBC666BB0601AA9.html?link=http://
www.ingentaconnect.com/error/delivery&format=html>

Jon

P.S. Apologies for hijacking the list for this experiment!