[TxMt] Textmate on large monitors?

Brian Marick marick at exampler.com
Tue Jul 3 18:53:09 UTC 2007

Suppose you’re a person with a bad short-term memory doing test-
driven design. (You’d be me.) You’d want to have both the test source
and corresponding product code source visible at the same time. You'd
probably also like to to spend screen real estate to show a couple of
other files as well.

To this novice user, TextMate doesn’t seem like it wants you to be
doing that. For example, apple-t doesn’t remember visits to separate
windows, so when I want to visit “that file I was just in”, I have to
remember whether it was in a tab or a window and use either apple-t
or apple-`. But the reason I want separate windows is I have no
memory for such things.

However, I’m early enough in the Emacs->TextMate switch that I’m sure
I’m missing many things. How do you use TextMate on big screens?

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog