[TxMt] Textmate on large monitors?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Tue Jul 3 20:06:01 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Brian Marick wrote:
> Suppose you’re a person with a bad short-term memory doing test-
> driven design. (You’d be me.) You’d want to have both the test
> source and corresponding product code source visible at the same
> time. You'd probably also like to to spend screen real estate to
> show a couple of other files as well.
>
> To this novice user, TextMate doesn’t seem like it wants you to be
> doing that. For example, apple-t doesn’t remember visits to
> separate windows, so when I want to visit “that file I was just
> in”, I have to remember whether it was in a tab or a window and use
> either apple-t or apple-`. But the reason I want separate windows
> is I have no memory for such things.
>
> However, I’m early enough in the Emacs->TextMate switch that I’m
> sure I’m missing many things. How do you use TextMate on big screens?

I have dual 24" screens. One rotated 90º
I have a textmate project per project and keep all the associated
browser windows and terminals and such near that window on screen.
Using multiple windows is unnecessary since I'm never editing two
files at once. That helps simplify things considerably.
	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient