[TxMt] New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:34:14 UTC 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> Haris, Robin,
>
> I think the right way to fix this is to merge options.rb into
> LaTeXUtils.rb, then the get_labels, get_citation methods can use
> master directly.  I tried that out and it worked just fine.
>
> There are a handful of commands that will need to require
> LaTeXUtils instead of options.rb, but that is pretty easy to fix
> up.  the downside is that more Latex bundle commands now have a
> dependency on LaTeXUtils which is in the main Support directory and
> not in the bundle.

I see no problem with that really, LaTeXUtils is not a file we are
going to update very often anyway, and by now pretty much most
updates to bundles often require users to update the Support
directory anyway.

The only reason LaTeXUtils is in the main directory is that it is
required by the regular (pressing esc) completion commands, and for
some reason those commands are not very aware of the bundle's support
directory (Unless this has changed now). Perhaps some time in the
future we will be able to move it back into the LaTeX bundle anyway.

So, did you also check the label and cite completions via "esc", and
they work fine as well?

If it works out just fine, I'm all for merging the two files.

> Brad

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College