[TxMt] New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sun Aug 12 20:05:59 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 8/12/07, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Brad Miller wrote:
>
> > Haris, Robin,
> >
> > I think the right way to fix this is to merge options.rb into
> > LaTeXUtils.rb, then the get_labels, get_citation methods can use
> > master directly.  I tried that out and it worked just fine.
> >
> > There are a handful of commands that will need to require
> > LaTeXUtils instead of options.rb, but that is pretty easy to fix
> > up.  the downside is that more Latex bundle commands now have a
> > dependency on LaTeXUtils which is in the main Support directory and
> > not in the bundle.
>
> I see no problem with that really, LaTeXUtils is not a file we are
> going to update very often anyway, and by now pretty much most
> updates to bundles often require users to update the Support
> directory anyway.
>
> The only reason LaTeXUtils is in the main directory is that it is
> required by the regular (pressing esc) completion commands, and for
> some reason those commands are not very aware of the bundle's support
> directory (Unless this has changed now). Perhaps some time in the
> future we will be able to move it back into the LaTeX bundle anyway.
>
> So, did you also check the label and cite completions via "esc", and
> they work fine as well?

Yes, label completions work fine both ways as do citations.

One thing I wish we could improve for citations would be to make the
completion command use the BIBINPUTS variable.  I keep all my bib files
together in a single directory since I tend to reuse them for lots of
different papers.  cite_scan/parse_bibfile assumes that the bib files are in
the same directory as the master file.  Unless you specify *a* file with
TM_LATEX_BIB.

If it works out just fine, I'm all for merging the two files.