[TxMt] Code Reviewing Bundle

Bob Henkel bob.henkel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:58:24 UTC 2007

I have thought about this and was thinking of using the TODO bundle to help
out with this. I think avoiding the database approach would simplify things.
It might not be as industrial strength, but is a much simpler
implementation.

The usage would go something like this:
 A person enters TODO tags within the code such as --BUG OPEN BLH This code
is junk fix it please!  The The format could be something like
--<TYPE> <STATE> <INITIALS> <COMMENT>

After someone reviews a file they submit it to source control with their
review comments included in the source. The only problem I see is if two
separate reviewers comment on the same line when it comes time to submit to
source control who's comment wins? This is what leans me back to a database
implementation.  My assumption is that there may be 4 or more reviewers
reviewing the same code at any given time.

Thanks
Bob