[TxMt] projects on remote servers
Frank Eves MD
drfrankeves at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 15 01:45:35 UTC 2006
> minimal.design textmate at minimaldesign.net
> Wed Feb 15 00:10:25 GMT 200
> I just started working for this company where I HAVE to work off of
> the server.
> ... Any help in optimizing a remote type workflow would be greatly
Transmit has a new feature they're calling 'Edit in Whatever.' Edit
any remote file, in any app — even graphics!
Editing Files in an External Editor
Transmit can edit any remote file, using any local editor. Transmit
will download the file to a temporary directory, and watch the file
for changes. When you hit "Save" in your local editor, and the file
is changed, Transmit will automatically upload the file to the server.
Select the file to be edited.
- Choose File > Edit in [Editor Name]. (The name of the Finder's
default editor for that file type will be displayed.)
- Keep Transmit running while editing the file.
- Make the desired changes in the editor.
- If you want to keep the changes, save the file in the editor.
Transmit will save the file to the server automatically. The editor
can be closed or quit when it is no longer needed.
If you wish to edit files in a different editor than the Finder's
- Right click, or control-click, the file to be edited.
- Choose Edit With > [Name of Editor You Want To Use]
- If the editor you wish to use isn't present, choose Edit With >
Other... and select the editor manually
If you wish to permanently edit files in a different editor than the
- Choose Transmit > Preferences.
- Click Files.
- Click the icon next to Custom File Editors.
- Type the extension you wish to associate (for example, html), and
choose the application you wish to edit with.
More information about the textmate