[TxMt] Method/function list?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Nov 29 23:39:08 UTC 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 0:15, Chris Thomas wrote:

> Cool. One implementation request: please consider support for
> arbitrary bookmarks embedded within text [...]

Noted.

>> I'm guessing it starts BBEdit and doesn't exit before the document is
>> closed again in BBEdit -- I made an OS X service which does this, I
>> can probably turn that into a command line tool in a few minutes,
>> then I can also add a -l/--line option which I've seen requested.
> I would use it frequently. (Both BBEdit and SubEthaEdit have such
> tools, if I'm not mistaken.)

I just have this in my .bash_profile:
    tm () { open -a TextMate.app "$*"; }

It allows me to type »tm some_file« to edit that file. There was a
script which also allowed to edit stdin, it's on the wiki AFAIK.

But using it as external editor won't work because the command doesn't
delay exit till the file gets closed. This is only doable with an
actual commnad (or apple script). I'll see if I can't have it added for
beta 8.