[TxMt] Method/function list?

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Mon Nov 29 23:15:30 UTC 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2004, at 19:34, Chris Bailey wrote:
>

>> [...] I thought it was targeted at programmers, so this kind of thing
>> seems like one of the more standard features to expect.
>>

> I thought it was one of those features that the implementor thought
> where nice to have but no-one actually used. But I think I've gotten
> around 20-30 requests for such a popup ;)
>
> I'll add it in v1.1 where the syntax definition files will be extended
> to extract amongst other such info from the document.

Cool. One implementation request: please consider support for arbitrary
bookmarks embedded within text. For example, CodeWarrior and Xcode both
support "#pragma mark <Text>" in C/C++/ObjC/ObjC++ files, where <Text>
is the name of the boomark; this then appears in the class/function
navigation menu. Using a dash ("#pragma mark -") inserts a divider
item. One typical idiom for this is:

#if 0
#pragma mark -
#pragma mark Zork Entropy Analysis Methods
#endif

The conditional eliminates any potential 'unrecognized pragma' warnings.

>> One other thing I’d really like to see is the equivalent of the
>> “bbedit –w”
>> command line syntax, so that I can use TM as my Perforce editor.

(BTW, I've considered doing a Perforce command bundle, but haven't had
the time. I've only got p4 edit "$TM_FILEPATH" with output as a
tooltip. Useful, but hardly complete enough to release...)

> What does -w do?
>
> I'm guessing it starts BBEdit and doesn't exit before the document is
> closed again in BBEdit -- I made an OS X service which does this, I
> can probably turn that into a command line tool in a few minutes, then
> I can also add a -l/--line option which I've seen requested.

I would use it frequently. (Both BBEdit and SubEthaEdit have such
tools, if I'm not mistaken.)

Chris