[SVN] new to textmate-dev list / a couple questions / JavaScript bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Apr 3 19:09:02 UTC 2006

On 3/4/2006, at 16:56, Peter Michaux wrote:

> I write JavaScript and use some command line scripts (ruby, perl, etc)
> to verify or alter my JavaScript code (eg. remove whitespace). I would
> like to be able to run these command line scripts from inside
> textmate. This is something textmate's bundles is for, correct?

Yes, commands in bundles, for more information:

    http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/commands

> If the command line script takes command line arguments how can I deal
> with that? For example, suppose I want to save the modified JavaScript
> in a different file.

That depends on the actual situation. Basically a TM command lets you
do what you can do in Terminal, and you can e.g. request input via
dialogs.

> Textmate already has a JavaScript bundle. How can I add to this bundle
> or build another bundle that extends the Textmate JavaScript bundle? I
> imagine there is only one bundle per file extension.

The bundles are not tied to file extension per se. Instead each
bundle item has a scipr selector, which allow different bundles to
provide functionality to for mixed-sources, for more info see:

    http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/scope_selectors

> If there is a FAQ I should consult please point me there.

There is a manual :)

Also, this mailing list is not intended for usage questions. There is
the normal textmate list for that: