[SVN] new to textmate-dev list / a couple questions / JavaScript bundle

Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:56:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been using textmate for a few months now but haven't been taking
advantage of the power I know is lying underneath it all.

I write JavaScript and use some command line scripts (ruby, perl, etc)
to verify or alter my JavaScript code (eg. remove whitespace). I would
like to be able to run these command line scripts from inside
textmate. This is something textmate's bundles is for, correct?

If the command line script takes command line arguments how can I deal
with that? For example, suppose I want to save the modified JavaScript
in a different file.

Textmate already has a JavaScript bundle. How can I add to this bundle
or build another bundle that extends the Textmate JavaScript bundle? I
imagine there is only one bundle per file extension.

If there is a FAQ I should consult please point me there.

Thanks,
Peter