[TxMt] Re: Problem: moving the screen up or down randomly

Sat May 16 01:31:06 UTC 2020

On 11 May 2020, at 14:52, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

>> […] Sometimes system API change behavior when linking with
>> different SDK versions
> Really? Isn’t all code dynamically linked, which would mean that
> actual implementation which is executed at runtime won’t change when
> linking with a new SDK. Unless they have some macro or other way
> redirect an existing function to a new implementation.

 From Apple: _“The system detects how an app was built by looking at
the “SDK” entry in the app’s Mach-O header. When you relink your
app against the latest SDK, you might notice different behaviors, some
of which might cause incompatibilities.”_.

>> Support for LSP and related features is also closely related to this
>> work and a high priority.
> Awesome, I’ve been wanting to have LSP integration for a long time.

Adding support in the editor though only seems to be half the battle: I
tried to find a working LSP implementation that would provide
“intelligence” for some of my projects, and the results were
somewhat disappointing.

Though at least with native support, it’s theoretically possible to
add a server, so for my own needs, I can write something based on
libclang.

But too early to give any ETA, as I currently add items to my to-do
faster than I can check them off (as mentioned, this isn’t just about
LSP, there are lots of other things that needs to be improved in
TextMate, and most of it really requires major overhauls).