[TxMt] Re: Problem: moving the screen up or down randomly

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon May 11 07:52:34 UTC 2020

> I think I have acknowledged this, but it really is a design flaw that requires a new layout engine. I know you say it has gotten worse after 2.0rc10, but I really can’t think of what has changed: Sometimes system API change behavior when linking with different SDK versions

Really? Isn’t all code dynamically linked, which would mean that actual implementation which is executed at runtime won’t change when linking with a new SDK. Unless they have some macro or other way redirect an existing function to a new implementation.

> I have started work on new editor/layout engine, and work is going fairly well, already much improved speed compared to current release of TextMate (no issue with large files or long lines) and better unicode support

That’s great to hear.

> Support for LSP and related features is also closely related to this work and a high priority.

Awesome, I’ve been wanting to have LSP integration for a long time.

--
/Jacob Carlborg