[TxMt] Re: Why does textmate modify the file mtime after closing the tab?

Marc Wilson posguy99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:22:25 UTC 2020

Hey, Allan, what about this?

https://eclecticlight.co/2020/03/27/what-changes-a-files-modification-date-and-what-doesnt/

I'm not saying you're wrong (I have no idea), but Howard says:

"Changing a file’s xattrs doesn’t alter the data in the file itself. Xattrs aren’t even stored in the main data area of a volume, but apart, in the file system metadata. So adding or changing a xattr won’t change the date of modification, nor the date that the file was last opened. In fact, unless you look at the xattrs using a utility such as my xattr editor xattred, you won’t even notice what’s happened."

I'm wondering how to test something like that. :)

--
Marc Wilson
posguy99 at gmail.com

`