[TxMt] Re: TextMate with Catalina

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Feb 24 23:23:34 UTC 2020

The problems I've seen with TextMate are problems with TextMate, not problems caused by Catalina. If TextMate is fine for you on Mojave, it will be fine for you on Catalina.

It is also true, as others have said, that Catalina itself is terrible. Don't upgrade if you don't have to. (I had to put Catalina on one machine, in order to do certain kinds of Xcode development.) Basically it's a major system upgrade with zero testing. The horror stories about losing all your email should be enough to keep you off it. Plus iTunes becomes the atrocious Music app, so it's best if you don't have any music.

m.