[TxMt] Keyboard gone crazy in TM 2.0-rc.10

Greg web at web.knobby.ws
Tue Jul 23 16:04:11 UTC 2019

I assume I did something, but, for example, Cmd-/ deletes all the text in a file (as if Cmd-A, delete)

I’m using Ruby 2.6.3 and it’s a Rails project.

If I open a .txt file via File>Open the page flickers twice and then it’s blank. If I Cmd-Z twice the text returns.

I normally use Keyboard Maestro, but turned off the engine and it still happens.

I reinstalled TextMate and deleted ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/ and also the two prefs files.

This reinstall helped with the initial problem the in general the clicks were ignored. I couldn’t edit Preferences.

Cmd-S deletes everything on a page too.

What did I do. I’m not thinking it’s a fundamental TM problem because my laptop is fine.

I first noticed this when I tried to do a Cmd-/ in a Ruby file and the whole page disappeared. (well at first nothing happened until I reinstalled TM and deleted Application Support)