[TxMt] Re: `mate <file>` from Terminal is occasionally very slow to open <file> in TextMate

Tue Jul 16 06:51:43 UTC 2019

Thanks for the reports, I’ve added further debug output based on
these, as unfortunately they were not enough to pinpoint the exact
problem.

Please update to v2.0-rc.29 and send me output from this build, when the
problem happens again.

My theory is that this is the OS trying to obtain a lock which is
already locked, and there is then a ~10 seconds timeout on this lock,
which explains why the delay is always so close to 10 seconds (and so
extremely long, compared to normal delays arising from loading data,
swapping out memory, etc.).