[TxMt] Re: `mate <file>` from Terminal is occasionally very slow to open <file> in TextMate

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:57:39 UTC 2019

https://gist.github.com/jaysoffian/a666f6c97ec05edfa4fb36247a428971

Note the 9 second delay here:

2019-07-15 19:47:13.559623-0400 0x11591cb  Default     0x0
 25937  0    TextMate: [com.macromates.TextMate:BringToFront] TextMate:
Show file browser for /Users/jsoffian/Work/code/ycm/sentry/.
2019-07-15 19:47:22.561110-0400 0x11591cb  Default     0x0
 25937  0    TextMate: [com.macromates.TextMate:BringToFront] TextMate:
Bring to Front requested, NSApp.isActive: NO

Connected to an external display. TextMate was already running and had
other windows open on the external display. "mate ." command issued from a
bash shell inside iTerm2. That window was also on the external display. The
laptop display has only a single Slack window. My "Missing Control"
preferences are:

- [X] Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use (enabled)
- [X] When switching to an application, switch to a Space with open windows
for the application (enabled)
- [  ] Group windows by application (disabled)
- [X] Displays have separate Spaces (enabled)
- Dashboard: off

j.