[TxMt] Re: behavior of "Find" window - don't recent on bring to front?

Wed Nov 28 13:17:06 UTC 2018

On 28 Nov 2018, at 6:14, Tim Bates wrote:

> I do a lot of find using the "In Folder" setting.
> A hassle is that actions often move the Find window to be not
> frontmost.
> The only easy way to bring it to the from is cmd-F, but this re-sets
> the "In:  <where>" dropping down to the default, which is document.

I normally use the mouse, but just tried ⇧⌘F to refocus the Find
window and it preserved the selected folder. That makes sense to me
since ⌘F is supposed to be limited to a single document or selection,
while ⇧⌘F is for searching something larger like “in folder”.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/