[TxMt] "Bug" in TM 2.0-rc.10 - combining character at beginning of a doc

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at shh.mpg.de
Fri Aug 17 10:22:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’m using TM 2.0-rc.10 on macOS 10.13.6

I bumped into a very rare case which is not handled correctly by TM.

TM can not handle cases when the very first character within a document is a lonely combining (diacritical) character as eg  ́ U+0301. I know this should not happen but it can (while copying from other apps or using input methods which aren’t set up correctly, …)

To reproduce this issue you can do the following:

• open a new doc in TM
• open “Character Viewer”
• search for “combining”
• insert  ́

Then type some characters and try to
• Select All
• navigate with arrow keys (eg ← many times)
• delete the this first character
• apply some basic text manipulation (from Bundles)
• etc.

Sometimes this character is responsible for crashing TM.

As I said, it’s a very rare case and it’s not urgent but it would be nice if TM can handle that case :)

Cheers, Hans