[TxMt] strange text-selection bug

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 11 20:55:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Since I moved to a new laptop, I noticed a strange behavior with text-selection in TextMate version 2.0-rc.4 (on Mac OS 10.12.6).

Whenever I have a a text-file open in TextMate 2 and click outside of the window (to activate a terminal window, switch to another program, click on a menu item etc.), this ‘click’ will change my selection in the currently opened file.
So, instead of directly deactivating the window, it still takes the action as input for text-selection.

This is of course very annoying, as it constantly changes my selected text / moves the active line etc. without my intention.

It does not always happen, and does not replicate consistently.
Somehow it seems to depend on the time between my last action in the active textmate window and clicking outside of the textmate window.

Is this known behavior and is there a way to fix it?

Thank you!