[TxMt] Re: Bundle Management improvements?

Josh Lubaway josh.lubaway at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 16:25:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am also interested in Bundle development from time to time.

 > The features that stand out to me immediately are:
 > Github hosting

I think almost all of the bundles are hosted on GitHub at:
https://github.com/textmate/

 > In-app searching and installing

If you open up preferences and then click on "Bundles", you can search
for and install bundles in the app!

 > Many package managers do not really have strong vetting or security
 > policies. Homebrew is one of those.

Thanks for pointing this out! I agree that in 2017 we should be taking
security seriously. I'd love to learn though, what are some good ways to
set up vetting and security policies?

When I created a Homebrew (Cask?) I actually added `sha256 :no_check` to
the definition because the Elixir bundle does not have any "releases" or
"tags" yet :( https://github.com/claui/homebrew-textmate/pull/1/files I
opened an issue asking them to create a stable release.
https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir-tmbundle/issues/132

Can we disable the `sha256 :no_check` option, and force all packages to
reference a signed release?

Josh