[TxMt] Re: Bundle Management improvements?

じょいすじょん dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 02:19:42 UTC 2017

I am actually trying to avoid using homebrew.
There are lots of great things in homebrew but a few flaws are definitely the assumptions about the path and also the total lack of vetting.
Homebrew wants to own /usr/local as if nothing else is there.
Mac Ports on the other hand is a bit more careful to use an uncommon path in /opt and that is pretty valuable to me.

Many package managers do not really have strong vetting or security policies. Homebrew is one of those.
Mac Ports is also not great at that.

It would be great if there were more guarantees than just whatever is on github and visible to homebrew.

A directory of sorts to work with would be great but I feel like this is clearly a modern and missing feature, I am just not sure unmanaged homebrew github repos is the thing.
I would like to hear more before people just jump on the convenience.