[TxMt] Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Sat Feb 25 22:45:26 UTC 2017

There is a tool named KeyCue showing at least menu shortcuts, see <http://www.ergonis.com/products/keycue/>.  Not quite what you asked but sometimes useful.

> As far as I can tell the only free ones are:
>
> ⌃⇧⌘F
> ⌃⌥⌘G
> ⇧⌥⌘F
> ⇧⌥⌘G

It should be some G-combi, \me thinks.  Imho, all Find operations should be something with “F”, and Replace, being the logically next op, something with “G”.

> With my short fingers they're all two handed, but I find ⌃⌥⌘G is by far
> the easiest to type.

Just tried it: I can perform both G combis with one hand, if need be, but ⇧⌥⌘G needs far less muscle tension than ⌃⌥⌘G.  Two-handed, there’s almost no difference, so I’d opt for shift-opt-cmd-G.

… mit freundlichem Gruß aus Ladenburg:

-Moss-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik -- Dante e.V. #1580