[TxMt] Re: Persistance of search string over multiple programms

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:27:20 UTC 2017

Sorry to pile on, but, i’d like to have a longer "Filter Through Command"
history.

Thanks,

Graham Heath

On February 8, 2017 at 4:11:18 PM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig (
listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de) wrote:

Am 2017-02-08 um 20:43 schrieb Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com>:

> If you use Alfred as an app launcher, it offers a clipboard history.

I’m using Launchbar, which also does that; and there are a few more apps: <
http://superuser.com/questions/17200/how-do-i-view-my-clipboard-history-on-os-x>.

> On 8 February 2017 at 19:23, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>
> TextMate keeps a history of what you’ve search for. The button to the
left of the Find text field.

Yes, but I don’t want to loose and restore my search string each and every
time when switching to another program just to look up something.

TM also has a history of replacement strings but those are not connected.
AlphaX (and AlphaCocoa, being its next iteration) has that connection and
is even able to save pairs of find/replace strings permanently. This would
prove very useful in TM, too.

Obviously, AlphaX doesn’t use the Find Pasteboard at all.

Regards,

Martin Wilhelm Leidig
--
SatzTeXnik — Professional TeXing and TeXnical counselling