[TxMt] Re: Jump to Symbol - multiline parameter lists

Fri Feb 3 10:19:29 UTC 2017

On 18 Jan 2017, at 16:12, じょいすじょん wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or if it is only Python, but
> the Jump to Symbol window has trouble properly displaying Python
> functions & methods that have multi-line parameter lists.

It should be possible to strip the whitespace via a transformation.

The system is explained in the manual here (1.x but still uses same
concept):
http://manual.macromates.com/en/navigation_overview#customizing_the_list

There is however a limitation in that TextMate will re-parse only single
lines when editing them, and this may (temporarily) throw off the symbol
list, as it updates with info from just the edited line. In other words,
multi-line symbols are not considered fully supported.