[TxMt] Re: Automated diff + export of personal mods from bundles?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Apr 5 15:16:59 UTC 2017

> On 5 Apr 2017, at 11:55, Tim Bates <timothy.c.bates at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Like many of us, I suspect, I’ve got core bundles  (like markdown, regex etc.) that I have customised with new snippets and commands, or just just tweaks to language.
>
> I’d like extricate my code from these, so that
> 1. I can let TM2 easily update the mainstream bundle
> 2. I can control my mods
> 3. From that base of clarity, I can submit generally-useful changes back to the widely used central repo.
>
> Are there any solutions to
> 1. Diffing the pristine bundle with my dirty copy?
> 2. Exporting modified snippets and commands to my personal repo
>
> Ideally, the UUID exported commands would be entered into the plist of my personal repo, perhaps under “exported from <bundlename> as a menu name.
>
> Hope others have had this problem and solved it :-) Otherwise bit of a manual trek in store for summer :-)

As far as I understand, at least for the built-in bundles, TextMate will store the changes separately from the main bundle. The built-in bundles are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles, if you make a change to one of those, it will store those changes as a diff (or rather the overrides) in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles. There’s also a directory called "Pristine Copy”, see section 5.2 here [1] for more information.

[1] https://manual.macromates.com/en/bundles <https://manual.macromates.com/en/bundles> - not sure if this is up to date

--
/Jacob Carlborg