[TxMt] Automated diff + export of personal mods from bundles?

Tim Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 09:55:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,
Like many of us, I suspect, I’ve got core bundles  (like markdown, regex etc.) that I have customised with new snippets and commands, or just just tweaks to language.

I’d like extricate my code from these, so that
1. I can let TM2 easily update the mainstream bundle
2. I can control my mods
3. From that base of clarity, I can submit generally-useful changes back to the widely used central repo.

Are there any solutions to
1. Diffing the pristine bundle with my dirty copy?
2. Exporting modified snippets and commands to my personal repo

Ideally, the UUID exported commands would be entered into the plist of my personal repo, perhaps under “exported from <bundlename> as a menu name.

Hope others have had this problem and solved it :-) Otherwise bit of a manual trek in store for summer :-)

Best, tim