[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

Carpii UK carpii.uk at gmail.com
Mon May 30 21:04:45 UTC 2016

> On 30 May 2016, at 14:05, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
>

>>> So now someone just needs to a) create a script to find everywhere a
> color is specified in a CSS file and b) generate an image from a CSS color
> specification.

Thanks for spending time on this.
I will try to tackle to last two steps, although it won't be until the
weekend

> a) create a script to find everywhere a color is specified in a CSS file

How would this look? Would it require a bundle-style reg-exp which pulls
them all out?

My preference would be to write it as a proper script (in the hope it could
be extended to parse any extra SASS files in future), but I'm not sure what
this would output?
Any particular language preference?

> b) generate an image from a CSS color specification.

I'll look into this too, maybe I can do something with EPS.
Would each image need to be written to disk, or simply be another script
which streams it to stdout, and somehow TM calls it and reads the image
from there?

Thanks