[TxMt] Re: disable atomic saves?

Tue May 24 10:38:52 UTC 2016

On 24 May 2016, at 7:40, Carpii UK wrote:

> I think it may be somehow related to atomic saves, so Id like to
> disable
> those (given that I still have git to protect any aborted writes)

TextMate use exchangedata() to do atomic saves *when supported*. I’m
almost certain that your Samba mount does not support this, so there is
likely nothing to disable.

What is using the files in your virtual machine? I’m assuming that
it’s a web server, so sounds more likely that this is “locking”
the files (caching?) which Samba translates to “resource is busy”.

Next time it happens, instead of restarting your Samba service, try
restart anything that uses these files to see if that solves the
problem.

Not saying it’s a better fix, but understanding the problem would be
first step in finding a solution.

If e.g. it’s some sort of caching middleware, perhaps this can be
disabled or configured to not lock your files.