[TxMt] Re: watch command for LaTeX bundle

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Tue Mar 8 13:41:38 UTC 2016

Thanks René,

As always, you are very helpful (and fast).

Watch Document, when using the latex engine, cannot use Skim as previewer, if I’m understanding you correctly. Is that right?

I’ve installed XQuartz and homebrew, and with homebrew, I’ve installed gv. Those installations went smoothly, so far as I can see. When I run Watch Document on your test file, it loads up XQuartz and gv, and then fails with this error:

Unknown device: x11
sfopen: gs_parse_file_name failed.
sfopen: gs_parse_file_name failed.
  ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1084: gsicc_open_search(): Could not find default_gray.icc
| ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1690: gsicc_set_device_profile(): cannot find device profile
Unrecoverable error: unknownerror in .special_op
Operand stack:
    defaultdevice
Unrecoverable error: undefined in .uninstallpagedevice
Operand stack:
    defaultdevice

I rebooted after installing XQuartz (and gv, just to be safe).

This isn’t a pressing need for me, so don’t let me take from your time. You can just regard this as an fyi.

Kyle