[TxMt] Re: Emmit Plugin in 2.0-beta.11.9

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:36:36 UTC 2016


I do think we could find a path forward, perhaps leveraging the sublime
bundle, as I don’t think Emmet proper is going to help. I guess its not the
worst plugin to try and build, at least there’s references :)


I thought zen-coding had evolved into Emmet. I don’t care much for tab
expansion, I’m quite happy with alt + e, so thats not an issue for me. I
wonder if we could convince them of the user base’s existence?


It works for me, has been for a while. I don’t know another TextMate user
that also uses Emmet. I suddenly feel very alone here. Lol.

Basically, when I installed TextMate and Emmet would not install, I Googled
my issue and found that build by pingyang at github. So I guess there’s at
least a few of us.

I’m not sure from that crash log if emmet is in use at the time or not...

I do have the latest TextMate working with Emmet, via that build which I
downloaded, updated the target architecture and changed the Bundle Id on.
The first bundle id I tried was 'io.emmet.EmmetTextmate2', and TextMate
rejected it with the "disabled plugin" error message. I can try again this
weekend, my Xcode-foo is not very good.

I’ve created a pull request on the emmet-objc github repo, to start a
conversation if nothing else. Alas pingyang’s original pull request is
still sitting in their queue https://github.com/emmetio/emmet-objc/pulls. I
doubt I’ll hear from them, and so I don’t think there will be anything

I’d be interested to know if "io.emmet.EmmetTM2" is showing up in your
crash reports.

I’ll add the defaults command to my issue thread, just incase.


Graham Heath

On July 15, 2016 at 1:30:14 AM, Allan Odgaard (mailinglist at textmate.org)

On 14 Jul 2016, at 22:39, Graham Heath wrote:

This might not seem like a big deal, but I love Emmet, and so do many of my
web-dev cohorts.

I didn’t know this was actually working for anybody.

I’m not sure if this
is because its crashing in use, or if its because the plugin was installed,
but doesn’t support the OS and therefore it crashes in the background
without issue, or if there are other crashes.

It crashes during load with EXC_BAD_ACCESS, here’s an excerpt from the

io.emmet.EmmetTextmate     +[Emmet sharedInstance] + 47
io.emmet.EmmetTextmate     -[Emmet init] + 87
io.emmet.EmmetTextmate     -[Emmet setupJSContext] + 233
com.apple.CoreFoundation   -[__NSArrayM
enumerateObjectsWithOptions:usingBlock:] + 217
com.apple.JavaScriptCore   WTFCrash + 62

Is there any way to know if this custom built plugin is causing crash
reports, or is it just the original?

I extracted the UUID from the updated binary and searched for “load
plug-in” crash reports with this UUID, and did not find any.

So it does not appear that this version has caused any crashes.

What I’ve discovered so far is that the blacklisting uses "contains" rather
than "equals" so updating the Bundle identifier to
'io.emmet.EmmetTextmate2' was not enough

You tested this?

The blacklist is an array, and the check is if the *array* contains the
bundle identifier. So it should have worked.

It’s worth mentioning that the blacklist can be changed by updating user
defaults, so anyone with the updated/working Emmet plug-in can also run:

defaults write com.macromates.TextMate.preview disabledPlugIns -array

But it would be best to give the working plug-in a new bundle identifier
and have people use that instead. I can add a release notes entry about
this, if there is something “official”.

textmate mailing list
textmate at lists.macromates.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/attachments/20160715/8d5fdc01/attachment.html>

More information about the textmate mailing list