[TxMt] Re: Suggestion: git pull for private / persona / non build-in bundle sync

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Tue Feb 16 11:02:43 UTC 2016

Am 16.02.16 um 10:12 schrieb Martin Kühl:
> On 16 February 2016 at 07:18, feek <feekdiv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Formerly I tried to sync my bundles via a symlinks to a Dropbox location,
>> but that was not reliable causing FSEvents to not always work. Wouldn't it
>> be nice that TextMate, when in a bundle a .git folder with remote is
>> present, makes automatically a git pull when there are changes in the
>> remote. In the same way it is done for the build in bundles! So you can
>> sync/update your (private / non build in) bundles in a proper way.
>
> Some (most actually) non-official bundles I use are are ones I develop
> (or plan to).
> Having anything automatically pull those at a bad time could leave them broken.
>
> I use myrepos[1] (formerly mr) to keep my bundles in sync.
> It makes the process painless while leaving me in control.

I'm keeping my `~/Library/Application Support/Avian/Bundles` directory
in a single Git repo, using submodules for bundles where I want to be
able to contribute pull requests:

https://github.com/die-antwort/textmate-bundles

Works quite well, especially for keeping the setup in sync between
several machines. However, I have to manually update the submodulized
bundles from time to time to get the latest changes from upstream
(TextMate’s auto update of course doesn't work for complete bundles in
`~/Library/Applicaiton Support/Avian/Bundles`).

Cheers,
S.