[TxMt] Re: Show NSPopover using custom nib

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 22 18:44:26 UTC 2016

> - (void)showRelativeToRect:(NSRect)positioningRect
>                     ofView:(NSView *)positioningView
>              preferredEdge:(NSRectEdge)preferredEdge
> Don’t think you can work that into a nib file.

I suspected that.

> Too heavy I assume is the status bar?

No, it’s more that it opens a completely new window (or view) and is, in general, much bigger (taking up more space on the screen). If it’s configured as opening a window, which is the default, it includes the title bar and related controls. In my opinion would an NSPopover be perfect for this, perhaps I’ll create a plugin for this.

--
/Jacob Carlborg