[TxMt] Re: Show NSPopover using custom nib

Mon Aug 22 06:10:40 UTC 2016

On 21 Aug 2016, at 21:42, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Is it possible to show an NSPopover using a custom nib and the dialog
> command? Or does the NSPopover require some code to show it?

	- (void)showRelativeToRect:(NSRect)positioningRect
	                    ofView:(NSView *)positioningView
	             preferredEdge:(NSRectEdge)preferredEdge

Don’t think you can work that into a nib file.

> My use case is a command I’m working on for displaying generated
> documentation, i.e. JavaDoc, for a given symbol.  So far I’ve been
> using a tooltip, It’s working fine but the problem with the tooltip
> is that it doesn’t support scrolling, when the content gets too
> long. Ideally I would like something that also is interactable, like
> clicking on links. I would like to avoid the HTML window/view because
> I think it’s bit too heavy.

Scrollable interactive content, presumably with styles? Sounds to me
like the HTML view is the proper outlet.

Too heavy I assume is the status bar? Could maybe look into making it
possible to hide it from the exposed JavaScript object, or maybe it
should be a property of the bundle item (so it doesn’t “flash”).