[TxMt] Re: [Duplicate, very sorry] Saw the new nightly build. That was fast, thanks! One more question...

Mon Aug 8 15:32:18 UTC 2016

On 8 Aug 2016, at 15:11, Bert wrote:

> One last question if you allow: minimumTabSize and maximumTabSize
> don't behave exactly like I initially thought they would. For example,
> setting minimumTabSize = maximumTabSize = some_value made me expect
> all tabs would now be of identical (horizontal) width, at any time,
> but that's not the case (long file names still get wider tabs than
> what is set in maximumTabSize).
>
> That's by design I assume, as in: maximumTabSize only kicks in when
> the tab bar overflows. Did I get that right?

Sort of, yes. I now realize that `tabItemMaxWidth` is a bit of a
misnomer because it’s actually `tabItemDefaultWidth`.

That is, by default, each tab item will be the width set using this
setting. If the tab bar overflows, they’ll be shrunken, but never to
less than `tabItemMinWidth`, however, if one tab item has excess space
and another item would be truncated, we redistribute, as we do with
everything here in Scandinavia :)