[TxMt] Re: [latex.tmbundle] kpsewhich is installed, but PATH stopped finding it

Tue Oct 6 08:42:33 UTC 2015

On 6 Oct 2015, at 15:15, René Schwaiger wrote:

>> Btw: Ideally we would have the above be unnecessary, but I assume
>> that due to the new security restrictions in 10.11 (rootless) MacTex
>> moved its binaries to /Library/TeX/texbin and we have not yet updated
>> the LaTeX bundle to also check this location for a possible tex
>> install.
>
> “Typeset & View (PDF)” already assumes that `kpsewhich` is located
> at `/Library/TeX/texbin/kpsewhich`[1].

Of course you are on top of things :) I should have checked first.

That does make Jenny’s issue a little strange.

Most likely reason would be an outdated LaTeX bundle (from before
August).

Jenny: Did the command break in relation to updating to 10.11 and/or
(re)installing MacTex? Or did it just suddenly break?

Do you have a custom version of the command/LaTeX bundle in
~/Library/Application Support/Avian/Bundles?

If the latter, try remove the custom version of the bundle and see if
that fixes the issue.

Also, for PATH, better just remove the variable entirely in Preferences
→ Variables (or disable it), since it should work without needing to
set this variable (and generally best not to set it, unless the user has
a good reason to need a custom value for this variable).