[TxMt] Re: [latex.tmbundle] kpsewhich is installed, but PATH stopped finding it

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Tue Oct 6 08:15:15 UTC 2015

Hi Jenny and Allan,

> Btw: Ideally we would have the above be unnecessary, but I assume that due to the new security restrictions in 10.11 (rootless) MacTex moved its binaries to /Library/TeX/texbin and we have not yet updated the LaTeX bundle to also check this location for a possible tex install.

“Typeset & View (PDF)” already assumes that `kpsewhich` is located at `/Library/TeX/texbin/kpsewhich`[1]. There is need to extend `PATH` just to use said command. For example, the `PATH` variable on my machine does not include the location of the TeX binaries.

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/blob/master/Commands/Typeset%20And%20View%20PDF.plist#L51

A few of the other commands in the LaTeX bundle – e.g. “Open Included Item” –  might not work correctly, if you do not extend `PATH` the way Allan described. I plan on fixing the remaining commands in the future. For example: “Open Included Item” already works without extending PATH in the version of the LaTeX bundle on my computer.

Kind regards,
  René