[TxMt] Re: Cancelling a multiple selection?

Igor me at igorkozlov.me
Wed May 13 15:05:07 UTC 2015

> On May 13, 2015, at 5:38 PM, Kai Wood <lists at kwood.eu> wrote:
>>

>> If I’m in column selection, I never want to go back to multiple lines selection. And as soon as I move left/right, option doesn’t do anything, as I have multiple carets already.

Sometimes I go back to multiple lines selection. Option toggling selection mode is one of the great simple features of TM. No need to overcomplicate the behavior.

I wonder though what’s so wrong with pressing ↑↓ or ↓↑ to disable multiple carets. This way it’s easy to predict what’ll happen. But what should happen when you have multiple carets and press your magic “cancel all carets” key? Which is that one caret that should stay?

The questionable feature is that when you have all the carets within a single line and press ↓ or ↑ they don’t collapse. I wonder if this is even useful.