[TxMt] Re: LaTeX bundle Current Word and Ref-TeX citation commands

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Tue Mar 24 10:11:31 UTC 2015

Hi Gildas,

> On 23 Mar 2015, at 19:29 , Gildas Hamel <gweltaz at ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear René,
> The new citation command based on current word or Ref-TeX style is working well. I use both and wonder how to tailor them for my use, now that I realized that I had to throw out my ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian previous tweakings of the two commands (they called LaTeXUtils.rb):
>
> 1. Citation based on current word gives results such as: \cite{Bellah:1996kx}. I would like to get \cite[]{Bellah:1996kx}, with the cursor in the square brackets so I can enter pages, and then tab the cursor after the citation.

commit f8c2221b [1] adds support for citation customization. To get the format you want:

1. Go to Preferences→Variables
2. Add the following variable: TM_LATEX_CITE_SNIPPET
3. Set the value to: \cite[\$1]{CITEKEY}
4. Don't forget to select the checkbox to the left of the variable

For more information, please take a look at the commit message [1].

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/f8c2221b

> 2. My own use of the tweaked Citation Ref-TeX style gave me the choice of \cite[]{}, \textcite[]{}, \footcite[]{}, \autocite[]{} formats. I don't use any other cite formats and would rather have this small list for my case.

commit b84e0525 [2] introduces support for “autocite” and “textcite”. Since commit 2bfcce26 [3] you can also filter the items shown in “Citation (Ref-TeX Style)”. To get only the items you want:

1. Go to Preferences→Variables
2. Add the following variable: TM_LATEX_REFTEX_FILTER
3. Set the value to: autocite|footcite|cite|textcite
4. Don't forget to select the checkbox to the left of the variable

[2]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/b84e0525
[3]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/2bfcce26

> How do I adapt the new commands to my situation?

Just use the steps described above. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

> —Gildas

Kind regards,
  René