[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Failure running ³Citation Based on Current =?ISO-8859-1?B?U2VsZWN0aW9uirI=?=. in child file

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Mon Jun 29 10:05:51 UTC 2015

Hi Ross,

> On 28 Jun 2015, at 21:13 , Ross Ahmed <rossahmed at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> In my master .tex file, the command LaTeX > Insert > Citation Based on Current Word works fine.
>
> However if I try to run the same command in the child files, I get a dialogue box with the error message "Failure running “Citation Based on Current Selection…”. plus a long list of paths.
>
> This is what I have set in Preferences > Variables:
> “BIBINPUTS ~/Library/Mobile Documents/M6HJR9W95L~com~textasticapp~textastic/Documents/refs.bib"
>
> Anyone know what the problem is?

as far as I know `BIBINPUTS` need to be a list of directories. Please try to use the following as value for `BIBINPUTS`:

    $HOME/Library/Mobile Documents/M6HJR9W95L~com~textasticapp~textastic/Documents:.

Here `.` specifies the current directory. `:` is used to separate each directory entry. Therefore the above value means that

    $HOME/Library/Mobile Documents/M6HJR9W95L~com~textasticapp~textastic/Documents

and

    .

should be searched for bibliography files.

You need to specify the name of your `.bib` file in your document via the command

    \bibliography{refs}{}

or via

    \addbibresource{refs.bib}

if you use biber.

> Ross

If that does not help, then please just ask again. It would also be super helpful if you could provide a minimal example together with steps to reproduce the problem.

Kind regards,
  René