[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Failure running ³Citation Based on Current =?ISO-8859-1?B?U2VsZWN0aW9uirI=?=. in child file

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Sat Jul 4 19:39:16 UTC 2015

Hi Ross,

> On 04 Jul 2015, at 20:17 , Ross Ahmed <rossahmed at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi René
>
> Unfortunately I cannot get the citation completion to work in the child files, just the master file.
>
> I'm not sure how I would convert my files into a MWE, but I'm using the thesis template from latextemplates.com and the files can be downloaded here: http://www.latextemplates.com/template/masters-doctoral-thesis

just downloaded the LaTeX template. Since the bib file `Bibliography.bib` is already included in the project folder you do not need to set `BIBINPUTS`! This would only be necessary if your bibliography file is located somewhere else.

To get the citation completion also working in included files you need to specify a so-called master file. This is the file you translate to produce your (PDF-)document. In your case this is the file `main.tex`. One way to specify that `main.tex` is your master file is to write a comment of the form:

    %!TEX root = path_to_masterfile

at the top of an included file.

E.g.: If you want to get the citation completion to work in `Chapters/Chapter1.tex`, then add the following at the top of the file `Chapter1.tex`:

    %!TEX root = ../main.tex

`..` specifies the folder one level above the current folder `Chapters`.

You can also use the command “Set Master File” inside “Bundles→LaTeX→File Preferences” to set the master file.

I hope this helps. If it does not, then please provide a description of the problems you encountered.

> I noticed someone was having the same problem as me here, but it didn't seem that a solution was found: http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/Textmate-Latex-Citation-Inclusion-does-not-work-td11810.html
>
> Ross Ahmed
> Ecologist
> --
> 07875533906