[TxMt] Weird latexmk error when compiling

Starx jstarx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 21:14:43 UTC 2015

I occasionally get log output such as that I've posted below.  The pdf is
not updated, but both the dvi and ps file are correctly compiled.  TeXShop
correctly compiles using pdflatex.  Occasionally latexmk will decide to use
pdflatex and everything will work correctly.  I don't really know what's
happening with ps2pdf and what it means by "stable files" and I'm not sure
if this error is caused by a bug in latexmk or maybe some error in the
configuration info given to latexmk by textmate.

Does the latex bundle have any control over whether latexmk uses pdflatex
or regular latex?

-Jim

p.s. Here is that log file, with the latexmk messages:

Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 11 Nov. 2012, version: 4.35.

Latexmk: applying rule 'latex'...

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013

Processing: Practice Midterm 1 copy.tex
Document Class: exam 2011/05/22 Version 2.4 by Philip Hirschhorn

Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class

Output written on "Practice Midterm 1 copy.dvi" (6 pages, 17724 bytes).

Complete transcript is in Practice Midterm 1 copy.log

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'dvips'...

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

0 Errors 0 Warnings in this run.

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

Latexmk: Maximum runs of ps2pdf reached without getting stable files

Latexmk: Did not finish processing file 'Practice Midterm 1 copy.tex':

Latexmk: applying rule 'ps2pdf'...

Latexmk: Errors, in force_mode: so I tried finishing targets

Tell Skim to refresh '/Users/Starx/Dropbox/Mathematics/LaTeX
Projects/Math307Win15/Practice Midterm 1 copy.pdf'

Command latexmk -pdfps -f -r /tmp/latexmkrc -r
'/Users/Starx/Library/Application
Support/Avian/Bundles/latex.tmbundle/Support/config/latexmkrc' 'Practice
Midterm 1 copy.tex' exited with status 12