[TxMt] Re: textmate 2 - expandrive and ctl-s

Mon Jan 19 03:20:33 UTC 2015

On 16 Jan 2015, at 23:50, Hal Roberts wrote:

> […] I can't get cmd-t to work happily with expandrive. cmd-t seems
> not to find files in a given folder until I open that particular
> folder in the file browser sidebar […] Any ideas for how to fix
> this?

I think you should contact ExpanDrive about this.

TextMate uses <x-man-page://3/scandir> to obtain the directory listing
used with ⌘T.

My guess is that ExpanDrive will not indicate (in the result) which item
is a directory, unless it has cached info, preventing TextMate from
descending into directories.

However, I need a very good reason to change this code, as it should
work (with any file system), and the only workaround I can think of
(calling <x-man-page://2/stat> for each item) would degrade performance.

> […] Is there any way to change ctl-s back to doing a wrapped search?

I have added checkboxes for Wrap Around (and Ignore Case) which will be
available in next build.