[TxMt] textmate 2 - expandrive and ctl-s

Hal Roberts hroberts at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 16 16:50:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Thanks so much for textmate.  It has been my happy coding home since I
switched to OSX about 8 years ago.

I've been trying out textmate 2, and I really like it with the exception
of two glitches that I haven't been able to figure out.

The first is that I can't get cmd-t to work happily with expandrive.
cmd-t seems not to find files in a given folder until I open that
particular folder in the file browser sidebar.  I can option-click the
main folder to get it to open every folder, and this works initially,
but it the files disappear from cmd-t after some period, so I have to
repeat the option-click or manually browse through the file interface to
open the file.  I'm a keyboard guy, and I really miss just being to hit
cmd-t and type in a file name to open a file.

Any ideas for how to fix this?  I don't mind much something a little
kludgy like having to option-click the parent folder each time I sit
down to a coding session, but having to do so every 20 minutes or,
worse, having to manually navigate the file browser interface for files,
is harshing my happy coding juju.

Secondly, I retain a habit of searching using ctl-s from my previous
long run with emacs.  In Textmate 2, ctl-s is difficult to use because
it does not wrap by default.  I can just use cmd-f instead, but I mostly
using the find function to navigate around source files, and I
aesthetically dislike popping up the giant find and replace box just to
do basic quick navigation.  Is there any way to change ctl-s back to
doing a wrapped search?

Thanks again for a great tool!

-hal

--